Volunteering with the Labyrinth
- Are you looking for meaningful volunteer work?
- Do you like to be in service for people?
- Why not consider volunteering at St. Paul’s Labyrinth in the West End?
We are looking for volunteers to host this quiet, contemplative space. Volunteering is easy and you can make a meaningful contribution with just a few hours a month.
Volunteers hold space by sitting quietly in the labyrinth during the mornings when the labyrinth is open, being available for occasional questions. Evening volunteers work in pairs or more and help with setup and holding space for events. Volunteers all receive training and orientation to make sure they feel confident in their role.
Morning volunteers might enjoy volunteering if they are*:
- Introverts or looking for a reason to have a regular quiet, peaceful time to read or meditate
- Are an active walker of the labyrinth already
- Live in the West End
- Have their own meditation practice
*The above are not requirements, just suggestions. Morning shifts range in length from 90 minutes (M-TH) to 2 hours (weekends).
Friday evening volunteers might enjoy volunteering if they are:
- Looking for a way to contribute and enjoy live music
- Enjoy working in a team
- Enjoy a larger turn-out of walkers, as the music evenings can be very busy
Evening shifts are about 3 hours.
Can only volunteer occasionally?
We need several volunteers for our busy New Year’s eve event who can work a 2 hour or longer shift between 6pm and 12:30 am. These volunteers will work in groups. We also occasionally have labyrinth clean-ups.
Email Sharon Connaughty: [email protected] or call 604.873.8141