St. Paul’s Anglican Church is seeking a rector with the following key attributes:
– A traditionalist (appreciates Anglican tradition) and a visionary (creative, flexible, willing to take chances)
– Deeply committed to spiritual growth and congregational development
– Good listener
– Unafraid of provoking change—able to ‘stand your ground’
– Good teacher, well-informed, willing to learn
– Good management skills—personnel and financial
– Good preacher – follower of Jesus who loves the Word
– Musical, sincere pastor, sense of humour
There are two liturgies on Sunday:
– 9:00 am Eucharist using the Book of Alternative Services (BAS) with an interactive reflection
following the sermon;
– 11am Eucharist – a more traditional using the BAS with a volunteer choir.
Weekday Eucharists are celebrated on Wednesday evening at 7 pm and Thursday morning at 11:15 am. Services are also held on Holy Days and other festivals.
The complete Parish Profile and the required diocesan application form are available at the diocesan job webpage for downloading.
Applications for this position will be received by the diocese until close of business on Thursday, September 27th, 2018. Please email your cover letter, application and, if you are not from the Diocese of New Westminster, a letter from your bishop, indicating you are ‘a priest in good standing’ to the Venerable Douglas Fenton, Executive Archdeacon.
For further information please contact Bill Siksay, Executive Assistant to the Archbishop’s Office or by phone at 604-684-6306, ext. 228.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO ST. PAUL’S ANGLICAN CHURCH.