Catalogue of Fifties: 42 photographs

The photographs in this gallery (unless otherwise noted) are prints taken from contemporary transparencies dated 1957 – 1960. Information taken from inscriptions written on the transparencies is recorded here.

Codes refer to categories as follows:
Fif1 People
Fif2 Liturgies
Fif3 Social events
Fif4 Property

Fif1.01-09 People

1: Patrick Ellis, August 1959
2: Alexander Heron and Patrick Ellis, September 1959
3: Mrs Rendel and Patrick Ellis, November 1959
4: Mr Davis, December 1959
5: Senior youth, December 1959
6: Alex Robertson and the other warden, December 1959
7: Special meeting, January 1960
8: Howard Clark, Primate of ACC, Patrick Ellis, March 1960
9: entering the church, March 1960

Fif2.01-05 Liturgies

1: Harvest festival 1959
2: Christmas 1959
3: Christmas 1959
4: Choir, December 1959
5: Choir, December 1959

Fif3.01-12 Social events

1: Bazaar, 1957
2: Bazaar, September 1959
3: Bazaar, September 1959
4: Tea in the upper hall, November 1959
5: Tea in the upper hall, November 1959
6: Tea in the lower hall, November 1959
7: Tea in the lower hall, November 1959
8: Bazaar, November 1959
9: Mens group, November 1959
10: Childrens party, December 1959
11: Childrens party, December 1959
12: Golden anniversary of the Womens Guild, 1962. ?, ?, Joe Ellis. (Print, not a transparency.)

Fif4.01-16 Property

1: Church interior, c1950. (Print, not a transparency.)
2: Entrance to church basement from Pendrell Street before renovation, August 1959
3: Renovated entrance to church basement, September 1959
4: Chapel in north basement of the church, September 1959
5: Kitchen before reconstruction, August 1958
6: Kitchen before reconstruction, January 1959.
7: Kitchen After reconstruction, July 1959
The door on the right opens into the King Room.
8: Rectors office, August 1958. The windows suggest that this is the south-east corner of the Gower Room.
9: Office area entrance, December 1959. The area on the right is a foyer of the upper hall. It is now enclosed to form an office. On the far side of the foyer are the stairs to the upper halls stage. The stage is now enclosed to form two offices.
10: Notice board, September 1959
11: Church, September 1959
12: Door from the lower hall to the area under the main floor of the church, January 1959.
The stairs were removed during reconstruction of the hall.
13: Upper floor of the old (1911) hall showing gallery, August 1958. The gallery became the third (apartment) floor of the reconstructed hall.
14: Church basement, August 1958
15: Church basement, January 1959
16: Parish hall roof looking east, September 1959